Christmas Goodies





Made this about a week ago for a friend's request. He called on Wednesday night asking me to make cat's tongue and kaastengel to give to his relatives for Christmas on Friday morning. That means, I only had one full day to make the cookies, hunting for containers, ribbon, etc. Luckily, I had all the ingredients available, so I could save a trip to the grocery store.

Nothing much to say about these cookies as I had posted it a couple of times before. One thing I learn or notice though, when I made the kaastengel, the dough was a lot stiffer than usual. Most likely because the weather was really cold (made it early in the morning on Thurs. and Fri.) and the butter just wouldn't soften as much as it would when it is warm. I had to reduce the amount of flour, which worried me for a bit. But it turned out to be ok. The cookies were still great and crunchy. I hope they like them as much as I do :)


No comments: